Filox system advantages
- Highest flow rate of any Iron removal media.
- No oxidizing chemicals are needed for regeneration.
- High efficiency with 80% manganese dioxide for enhanced performance and capacity.
- Effective, from 5.0 to 9.0 pH.
- System is easy to program, with 10 pre-programmed regeneration cycles to optimize water treatment.
Greensand-Plus system advantage
- Lower backwash requirements.
- Known saturation capacity.
- Higher temperatures and differential pressures than traditional Manganese Greensand.
- Greensand-Plus is also used for radium reduction.
- User friendly, low maintenance electronic time clock valve.
Note: The use of chemicals and oxidizers, such as chlorine, potassium permanganate, and oxygen may be required for both systems to provide the optimal treatment for Iron. Hydrogen Sulfide and Manganese.
Greensand Plus Models
The maximum contaminant level for iron set by USEPA standards is 0.3 milligrams per liter (ppm) of water. In concentrations above 0.3 ppm, Iron in water can cause staining of fixtures and porcelain, and ruin laundry. A bittersweet astringent taste is detectable at concentrations above 0.5 ppm by many people. Manganese is often found with iron, causes brown, black, and/or tea-colored staining, and imparts asphaltic and oily tastes, above 0.05 ppm. Likewise, Hydrogen Sulfide which is common in water with Manganese causes an irritable rotten egg smell, all these three contaminants are effectively removed by Filox & Greensand-Plus Greensand-PlusTM requires periodic refreshing with a small amount of Potassium Permanganate; see in chemical supplies. Potassium Permanganate can be purchased at your local home improvement store also.
Composite Fiberglass construction. Sizes available up to 63 inches in diameter.
Bypass Valve & Internal Distribution Fittings
PVC, CPVC, polypropylene, or S.S internal collectors and distribution fittings and By-Pass Valves and Fittings can be supplied for all applications.
Filox & Greensand-Plus Filter Media
Available in 57 lbs (0.5 Cubic Ft) and 42 lbs (0.5 Cubic Ft) size bags.